What exactly a zero planning means?

Zero planning, also sometimes called "zero sprint," is the preparation part of a project cycle. In your interview, try to explain what zero planning is and why it exists in the Scrum framework to demonstrate that you understand its important function. To provide a thorough answer, consider describing your personal experience with zero planning and how you successfully prepare for projects.

Example: “Zero planning happens at the start of a project to ensure the team meets all of the requirements listed. As a Scrum master, I have a basic outline for my zero planning sprints.

First, I review the requirements with the client and my product manager. We want to make sure we understand exactly what the client wants from the product or service. Then, I gather all of my resources, including the right team members and material needs. After that, I plan the sprints. I like to make sure my team can complete the sprint within that amount of time by outlining the basics for each week, sometimes each day.

I try to utilize my zero planning time to create a smooth project plan with a successful end result. I believe zero planning has enabled me to be an effective Scrum master.”


Sprint 0 COVERAGE : 

1. Team structure - Team Onboarding, Roles n responsibilities of both client and partners. 

2. Backlog management - Story creation, Acceptance Criteria, Story sizing and Story Splitting. 

3. Training’s - Functional, Technical and Agile. 

4. Process - 

Collaboration tool configuration ie. Jira / TFS/Rally, Communication Tools - WebEx / Video Conference setups among team members. 

Agile Delivery approach - Sprint cadence, Metrics, Governance, Quality Practices. 

Test Strategy and Deployment Strategy. 

5. Environment - Development Environment Readiness, Testing Environment Readiness. 

Access - Application access to the team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does a SM-SCRUM MASTER do “All the Day”

When to choose scrum and when to choose kanban? Explained with examples

Kanban board setup for AMS teams in SAP