What exactly a zero planning means?

Zero planning, also sometimes called "zero sprint," is the preparation part of a project cycle. In your interview, try to explain what zero planning is and why it exists in the Scrum framework to demonstrate that you understand its important function. To provide a thorough answer, consider describing your personal experience with zero planning and how you successfully prepare for projects.

Example: “Zero planning happens at the start of a project to ensure the team meets all of the requirements listed. As a Scrum master, I have a basic outline for my zero planning sprints.

First, I review the requirements with the client and my product manager. We want to make sure we understand exactly what the client wants from the product or service. Then, I gather all of my resources, including the right team members and material needs. After that, I plan the sprints. I like to make sure my team can complete the sprint within that amount of time by outlining the basics for each week, sometimes each day.

I try to utilize my zero planning time to create a smooth project plan with a successful end result. I believe zero planning has enabled me to be an effective Scrum master.”


Sprint 0 COVERAGE : 

1. Team structure - Team Onboarding, Roles n responsibilities of both client and partners. 

2. Backlog management - Story creation, Acceptance Criteria, Story sizing and Story Splitting. 

3. Training’s - Functional, Technical and Agile. 

4. Process - 

Collaboration tool configuration ie. Jira / TFS/Rally, Communication Tools - WebEx / Video Conference setups among team members. 

Agile Delivery approach - Sprint cadence, Metrics, Governance, Quality Practices. 

Test Strategy and Deployment Strategy. 

5. Environment - Development Environment Readiness, Testing Environment Readiness. 

Access - Application access to the team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the ‘Navigating the Scrum Events’ Series?

CAPACITY PLANNING IN AGILE SCRUM

Burn down chart and burn up chart